Flash Runtime Ported to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Sonny Burnett, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It is still in development but they did post a video

2. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    To try it you have to get the android flash lib and compile it yourself.

I'll wait till its ready and in cydia ;)

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I don't see why people want to have their iPad run slower and loose battery life as well as open their device up to possible virus attack just for flash.

It's like people now really want it only because the iPad doesn't have it.

4. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm still on the fence, don't know if I want too or not. I was hoping HTML5 would take off with popularity but that's not happening yet.

5. dale600rr

dale600rr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Delivery date is indicated for the 15th of July, no word from Apple yet. Either way, I'll only get my hands on it on the 20th when I arrive in the states for a vacation.

6. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'm one of those and only saw flash as ads.... Because of my browsing experience on the iPad, I turned off Flash on my PC, and it is faster, and I don't have to look at all the stupid animation ads..... I know some folks play the Flash games and such, but for folks like me Flash is really a system resource hog....

7. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I prefer not to be limited to certain websites/videos by jobs ego.:eek:

8. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I miss not being able to play videos on IGN and stuff and there's no native app yet so Frash would be awesome. Suppose you could always turn it off when not required.

9. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Has nothing to do with Jobs ego.

Jobs flat out told adobe they would include flash if adobe could get it to run fast, without errors, and killing battery life. Adobe never made that happen.

This isnt something that apple makes, understand that adobe is the one who makes flash player, if they are not willing to make something that works right why should apple try and include something that would make the product worse? and on top of that what were they going to include since there has been no decent mobile version of flash until just recently.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otMLQuDRQ58[/ame]

#19 MikesTooLz, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  10. OperatorX

OperatorX
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, these are business decisions that both companies have made for valid reasons to each. I know Adobe has had issues with Flash on mutiple mobile platforms going back to the early pocket PCs. With that said, it's the users who utimately suffer for the decisions, good, bad or indifferent. One thing is for sure, with millions of iPhones and iPads shipping and becoming people's main mobile internet viewing platforms, companies will be forced to make a decision as to whether Flash should be a part of their websites in the future if they want the content viewed on an Apple mobile device. Like it or not, it can only hurt Adobe. People are not going to stop buying iPads because they can't view flash. It's not stopping them now