What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a duh question but I'm a duh kind if fellow so...
Does the pc need to be running to use splashtop? Can you change the website and stuff from the ipad or does it just stream what you set up on the desktop? Iow is it a Puffin/iswifter type server just using my desktop instead?
I had Orb on my desktop and an old dumbphone that streamed media I gave it access to on my desktop(music, pictures, videos, etc) but the only "live" thing it would stream was radio and I wasn't comfortable leaving my desktop on all the time back then.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

You completely control your PC from your iPad. Once you've logged in, what you see on your iPad screen is exactly the same as you see on your PC screen. By using various iPad 'gestures' you can completely control your PC - I mean 'click', 'left click', 'right click', scroll etc etc...it's truly great and, hey, you've nothing to lose because there's a 5-minute view time free 'lite' version that you can try...

Yes - the PC needs to be running but - I believe and I've been told - though I've not tried it - you can wake your PC up out of sleep..not tried this...you can lock your remote PC screen in Windows 7 so anyone in front of your monitor can't see what you're viewing - could be confidential business information, for example.

Tim

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SplashTop is really an awesome app.

I originally installed it to reliably play flash(something NONE of the 3rd party browswers really do) but I have been finding TONS of other uses also.

SplashTop actually lets you do things like run Photoshop CS from your PC which is just as cool as playing flash content.

Reaction score
I know it's off topic to ask other uses but since you went there, that's what I was looking for more than another Flash player. Saw it the other day on sale in Appshopper and was intrigued.
Thank you again. I'll see if it's still on sale when I get back to my ipad as it sounds like an excellent Flash option (see I'm staying on topic sorta :) )

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ughhh again?

Welllll....Has anyone tried cloud browse? Seems a lil better than skyfire, iswifter & others

There really should be a disclaimer at top of forums about creating these threads....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another flash thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give it a rest!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

See Flash run. Run Flash, run.

See thread explode. Explode thread, explode.

The Alternative said:
See Flash run. Run Flash, run.

See thread explode. Explode thread, explode.

My sanity explode.

You two, come on. There are a lot of new members that just got there iPads, and there will be more and more too ~ which means there will always be flash threads once they figure it the ipad does not support it.

Always.

So ~ I know you two know how to be helpful.;)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You two, come on. There are a lot of new members that just got there iPads, and there will be more and more too ~ which means there will always be flash threads once they figure it the ipad does not support it.
There should be a filter that all threads with a mention of flash in the op should have to be approved by a mod.
SweetPoison said:
Always.

So ~ I know you two know how to be helpful.;)

we do. :)

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Always.

Thank you. Sometimes it's a pain in the anatomy to find exactly what you're looking for using the search function. I've had my iPad just a short time now and am still trying to get used to it. I think it's called a learning curve....

As a side note. I use the weather channel a lot and it requires Flash to operate the interactive radar maps. I like the 10 (rarely accurate) forcasts so now I need to shop for a suitable replacement for the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts