Firefox bookmarks import.

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by Terry2543, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    All I did was export my bookmarks as html. Import them into IE and set them up how I wanted in IE (which I never use) then sync with the sync bookmarks to Internet Explorer checked.... Did it the first day I got my iPad and it worked great....

2. dale600rr

dale600rr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I stumbled across something called Firefox Home today which is a free app made by Mozilla for the IPhone. It has apparently been released to the App Store for approval and should be coming through any day now - and will work on the IPad although not in the full resolution mode. Have a look, it certainly looks like it'll meet my needs.

https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/home/

Dale

3. Chuck Marunde

Chuck Marunde
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad and Bookmark Imports

This thread was all about importing bookmarks into Safari on the iPad, but it seems there are many who cannot stay focused, and almost all the answers go off about importing bookmarks into Safari on a desktop PC, not into the iPad. Has anyone figured out how to import Firefox or Xmarks bookmarks into the iPad? Now stay focused guys. Please don't give me answers about PC software. iPad. iPad. Bookmarks.

4. Tangoalphawhiskey

Tangoalphawhiskey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you actually bothered to read all of the posts, you would have realized that it's not possible to sync your Firefox bookmarks to the iPad without a workaround. All of the posts in this thread explain various workarounds to sync your bookmarks from firefox on your PC through iTunes to the ipad. As far as I can see, all of the posts on this thread were "focused" as to the subject at hand. Maybe you should go back and reread the posts before making a comment about staying focused or maybe you should take your own advice.

#14 Tangoalphawhiskey, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  5. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Did you read my post? I have had my Firefox book marks on my iPad since day one. Perhaps if you stay focused long enough you can actually read the help people are giving you.....

6. stevebostedor

stevebostedor
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There's one in every crowd :p

7. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    there is a firefox app in the app store that the only thing it does is pull up your firefox bookmarks. it grabs them wirelessly as well as firefox's browsing history.

8. AllanJ

AllanJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you use Firefox sync, you could just install the Mercury browser, set up access to your Firefox sync, and use that instead of Safari.

If you are trying to import bookmarks from Firefox, the implication is that you are using Firefox on another computer. Most of the instructions in this list refer to work-arounds from either a Mac or a Windows machine. If you are not using one or the other, you should probably specify what your situation is. I use a Linux desktop (barbaric, I know), so the Firefox sync with Mercury works for me.