1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Finding my proper back up in itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Dr.Gee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I backed up my iPad to my pc before upgrading to 6.1.
    It auto backed up my new wiped version under a generic name. My backup of interest was dated last march.when I tried to use that one,I was prompted that a newer version was available.when I tried that,it just installed the new wiped version without any of my data.

These are named differently mind you.i know I backed up my named version last pm successfully.
    Is there any way to find the backup I need?im jail broken if that helps.
    Should I delete the most recent wiped version it defaults to?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,664 / 0
    If that old backup is still there (and it should be - check the time on it), then do a "restore from backup" again - but tell iTunes you want to use the older backup. It'll Accept your choice and put it back on. Cause yeah, when restoring, iTunes likes to make backups - and nags you to use them. But you don't gotta! :)

Marilyn