What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

find my iPhones, and iPads, all of them.

Silver217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a few iphones and ipads in our family.
How do I make the "search my iphone" to show all
devices on one map.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If those devices have "Find My Phone" enabled AND you have your Apple ID as the account they are signed into, you can locate them through the "Find My Phone" app (works on iPads too).

You access iCloud via the app or the Internet on a computer, sign in and then search for the devices.

If all the devices are not registered/running under your AppleID, you log in with whatever AppleID is on each device.

Once you're logged in, you can find where each device is.

Marilyn

OP
S

Silver217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Every device has its own Apple-ID.
Can that be changed for the "find my iPhone" only ?

Your second suggestion requires me to login
for each device, one at the time, and look at
a map with only that device, I want to see them all.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Every device has its own Apple-ID.
Can that be changed for the "find my iPhone" only ?

Your second suggestion requires me to login
for each device, one at the time, and look at
a map with only that device, I want to see them all.
Find my iPad/iPhone works with iCloud. What you could do is to set up all the devices with a different Apple ID, but the same iCloud account. Then you're able to see them all at once.

If can't be changed for that feature only.

The disadvantage is: when you back up to iCloud, you won't have enough backup space for all your devices, and you'll have to purchase additional space. PhotoStream, if enabled, will sync all photos from every device to every device. Safari bookmarks will be synced across devices as well, if enabled, ....

OP
S

Silver217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm...
That s a lot of side effects for what I want.
But I shall give it a try.
I cannot chane the iCloud account-name !
only the passwword. Should I remove the account ?
Will I loose a lot ? I plan to go back to the
original account after testing this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you delete the iCloud account, you're asked if you want to keep everything on your iPad. If you agree, you won't lose anything.

The iCloud account is nothing else than an Apple ID, so it would be best to choose one of the existing Apple IDs as iCloud account for all of them, if you just want to try it.

When you look at Settings - iCloud, you'll see what's synced between iDevices if everything is enabled. If you use Keychain, passwords and autologin information will be available everywhere else as well.

Settings - iCloud is also the place to remove the account and sign in again.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easier way to track all devices would be to get the Find My Friends app and install it on each device. Once installed, you can authorize each device to show on the other devices.

Find My Friends is designed for friends and family to track each other, either temporarily or permanently.

As long as you don't mind the device owner having the ability to turn the features on/off when they want it should be ideal.

iOS 8 is supposed to offer some new family friendly sharing features. I don't know if location software will be part of that, but it's something to keep an eye out for.

Most reactions

Latest posts