1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Films

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by davecabezo, Jun 9, 2011.

1. davecabezo

davecabezo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I have hundreds of movies on DVD and would like to transfer a couple of movies when I take the iPad with me on my travels. What format does the iPad accept and can I sync them via iTunes. If I need to change the video format can you give the name of the app to do this,
    Regards,
    Dave
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    anything quicktime enjoys then so does the ipad. basically MOV, MP4 carriers. there's a billion and 1 freebee pc apps available to convert. try handbrake for example.
  3. davecabezo

davecabezo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick reply, so if I get handbrake(where from), how do I put the program onto the iPad & how do I get the film which initially will be the standard .vob files, onto the iPad.
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but I only got the iPad2 yesterday and everything is a very steep learning curve

Regards,

Dave
  4. brandas

brandas iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mate.
    HandBrake is a PC/Mac program which alows you to convert almost any video format to an optimated for iPhone/iPad. It's freeware and you can get it on the following site:
    http://handbrake.fr
    However I'm not sure if HandBrake is able to convert from the .vob format.
    The finnest solution I found to watch movies on my iPad is the AVPlayer HD app available at AppStore. Is not free but it's cheap enough for what it does. Give it a try and if you need some help just say.
  5. billb1950

billb1950 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dave,

Against my better judgement, I purchased Zillisoft iPad Magic and found it to be very good. I can insert a DVD into my iMac, select the output file to be for "iPad" and it does the work. It puts the output file onto my iMac. I then open iTunes and import the file into iTunes, into the movie database. It's there anytime I want to sync it to my iPad.

Bill
  6. billb1950

billb1950 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, that program is spelled Xilisoft !