1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Files for documents

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DarylFreeman, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DarylFreeman

DarylFreeman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just met with a potential client and he wants the product specification and machine operator documents at his facility to be loaded onto Ipads (that they have not purchased yet). I have loaded documents onto Ipads before, but the problem I am having is that I can't seem to figure out how to create individual files so these documents can be segregated appropriately. This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know how to do this? As it is now, my Ipad holds all documents together and I have to scroll through them from top to bottom to find what I need and this would be very time consuming for an employee at this facility to do. If a regular Ipad won't allow me to put documents into seperate files for easier access - will an Ipad2? This may be a stupid question, but I would really apreciate any help I can get, thanks.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Take a look at the GoodReader app ($4.99, USD). You can create folders (with multiple subfolders) for files managment. With folders, you can sort your documents however you wish.

In addition, Goodreader is a good app to use to view files. So, it might be a win-win. Just a thought...?

Marilyn
  3. DarylFreeman

DarylFreeman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot. This should be a big help - I really apreciate it.