What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook log in problem

sarosh34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't log in on Facebook using Facebook app

I keep on getting 502 error

Does anybody have idea

See the attached pic

Attachments

• image-299382658.jpg
    image-299382658.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,663

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[h=4]502 Error Code Explained[/h]
The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in the attempt to fulfill the request.
[h=4]Why it occurs[/h]
A server is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client ,to access the requested URL. The error occurs When this server receives an invalid response from an upstream server it accessed to fulfil the request. This usually does not mean that the upstream server is down , but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.
[h=4]Fixing 502 error code[/h]
Both the proxy and upstream server should be programmed correctly and completely.The IP communication between back-end computers should be good.Before analysing this problem, you should clear your browser cache completely.If you see this problem for all the sites you visit,then either 1) your ISP has a major equipment failure/overload or 2) there is something wrong with your internal Internet connection e.g. your firewall is not functioning correctly. In the first case, only your ISP can help you. In the second case, you need to fix whatever it is that is preventing you reaching the Internet.

OP
S

sarosh34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can use Internet, twitter app, Skype app etc only there is a problem with Facebook app. I have also cleared browser cache. Facebook app still doesn't login

OP
S

sarosh34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem has been resolved. There were 2 wifi connections at my home, connected to the other connection and Facebook app started logging in

Most reactions

Latest posts