What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook issues/you tube

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just linked you tube to my Facebook account and when closing FB it now show....a box saying Continue ? Not You ? If I press continue it goes straight to my FB account without me having to sign in !
Which means if someone picks up my iPad they can open my FB account without my knowledge...... This can't be right !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have entered your FaceBook account information under Settings > FaceBook, then you will always be automatically logged in when opening the FaceBook app. Or at least that's the way it worked the last time I checked. Logging out of your account there should stop that, at the expense of making the FaceBook app slightly more trouble to use and giving up it's integration with Contacts and Calendar, if you use that.

However, there are numerous things that a person can get into on your iPad, and logging out of every single thing can be tedious, plus you are bound to miss something eventually. So, if you're worried about security you should turn on Passcode Lock in the Settings > General. The automatic lock time and password complexity should reflect the combination of how worried you are about people accessing your data and the likely hood of it happening.

Only you can determine how secure your iPad needs to be.

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have pass code lock 'on' on my iPad but unfortunately being overly protective of my iPad gives rise to raised eyebrows from my partner......my iPad is my iPad and if I momentarily lend it to someone I don't want them to be able to access anything so yes I close down everything when I have finished using it.

Tedious I know but in turn it protects my privacy....if I have msgs from girlfriends that are for my eyes only then that's how they need to be but now I have linked FB to you tube it's not the case so I have had to delete the app and reinstall it.....sigh...

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted it eventually in settings....thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts