What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face time to pc webcam

Mko0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a new iPad with FaceTime installed and the grandparents across the continent have a pc. What is the best way for us to webcam together?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Skype.

FaceTime doesn't work with PCs, as far as I know. There have been rumors that there would be a PC version, but rumors often don't pan out. There also are some sketchy-looking sites offering FaceTime downloads for PCs, but I wouldn't risk picking up a virus or such trying them out.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I, second the recommendation on Skype. Works well when I speak to my mom on her pc.

OP
M

Mko0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your fast responses.
Just want to make I understand -
Do I need to install Skype on the iPad, as well as the I laws install Skype on their pc?
Thanks again.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you must have the Skype app for ipad on your device. Your in laws must have Skype on their pc.

Should work well for both of you.

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mko0 said:
Thank you all so much for your fast responses.
Just want to make I understand -
Do I need to install Skype on the iPad, as well as the I laws install Skype on their pc?
Thanks again.

Uh...yes. Yes, you do.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steps for you:

-- Install Skype app on iPad.
-- Create account (can't remember whether you can do that on iPad app, but if you can't, go create one on the Skype website ad sign into the iPad app with the same logon and password).

Steps for the other party:

-- Install Skype onto PC.
-- Create an account.

Then either of you can search for the other and request that the other person allow you as a contact. To do that on iPad app, hit the plus sign on the upper right and search. Once you've found the right person and request contact, you wait till he/she accepts. Then you're in business for Skype calls. They'll stay in your contacts list and you just click to call each time, as long as they're signed on.

I'm doing this by memory, so the exact steps might be a bit off, but these should get you going.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts