What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External hard drive via USB

kjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I connect and expect to have it work? I have a 1 tb drive w/ external power. Thanks in advance for any and all help. I am relatively new to my iPad 4.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello K John

There are many threads that discuss that problem.
Try a search.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for joining just to clarify one cannot connect a hard drive to an iPad unless it is jail broken There are alternatives including new wifi drives from seagate One can also use a NAS drive like western digital live which work great look for iPad connect forum which covers many options hope that helps

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for joining just to clarify one cannot connect a hard drive to an iPad unless it is jail broken There are alternatives including new wifi drives from seagate One can also use a NAS drive like western digital live which work great look for iPad connect forum which covers many options hope that helps

Now Col, you know how I hate to contradict you, I really do but, you can indeed connect a USB Ext HD to a non jailbroken iPad, wirelessly in fact, using a Cloud FTP (now called iUSBPort), check out this thread http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-connect/75570-cloudftp.html, I even posted pictures to prove it but I changed the names to protect the guilty!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts