What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Existing data plan used for ipad?

rguinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if the iPad is unlocked can I use an existing aircard data plan on my ipad. I went over to an at&t store and had my aircard SIM account changed to a micro sim that came with my ipad, so the account is now linked to the micro SIM. When I try to connect using the cellular data it still wants me to sign up for another account.

Is it possible to use an existing data account with the ipad?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
go to cellular data and set the APN settings.
Try setting it to:

APN: ISP.CINGULAR
Usernam:
Password:

leave username and password blank.

OP
R

rguinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck, When I go to my account it says "your card is active, but will not work with this device. Please try another card."

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
No luck, When I go to my account it says "your card is active, but will not work with this device. Please try another card."

its not under My Account. My Account just lets you look at your current data plan and when it will renew.

Under Cellular Data in the same place where you see My Account there shoud be an option under it to set the APN settings. You must set the proper APN settings for your data plan.

The iPad defaults to APN: broadband
but you dont have a regular iPad data plan.

OP
R

rguinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I tried it, but it still didn't work. I asked on another forum and they said to use a username/password of [email protected] and CINGULAR1, still have the same results.

Any other possibilities? I appreciate the help.

ryu619

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I tried it, but it still didn't work. I asked on another forum and they said to use a username/password of and CINGULAR1, still have the same results.

Any other possibilities? I appreciate the help.

I'm surprised this information isn't out there. I've been doing Android dev and so been using this trick on my G1 for a while. It's the same for iPad and it works, at least on my iPad. Apparently, I can't post email addresses until I have 3 posts in this forum, so please replace the "at" with the at symbol below.

APN: wap.cingular
Username:WAP at CINGULARGPRS.COM (replace with at symbol, no spaces)
Password:CINGULAR1

Good luck.

OP
R

rguinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I got this working awhile back. I tried the username/password mentioned above awhile back but it didn't work. Come to find out, I had to get a newer SIM card for my data card. Once I got it, I cut it to fit the micro SIM for the iPad and my connection came right up! I purchased a mini/micro adaptor online and now I can use my existing data card service with my 3g iPad!!! I love it...

Thanks for the support guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts