What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel for ipad

Dave1510

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure if this is the correct place for this issue, but here goes...

I have an ipad air2, and one of the apps I use is Excel for ipad.

A few weeks ago, I had a notification saying that there was an update for this app, which had been sitting waiting for a few days, and did I want to download it.

I have my apps set to automatically update, so don't usually get notifications.

I accepted, and thought no more of it.

a few days later, notification again.

I have tried numerous times to get the update to work, but it never does.

So

I decided to delete the app, and re-instal;l it.

This is where it starts to unravel.

I deleted the app (or so I thought) by holding the centre button until the apps wiggled, then pressed the X

The app disappeared of the device.

However, when I try an reinstall it, I get nothing happens.

I either get a picture of a cloud with a down arrow, or the circle icon (which normally gets thicker as the app downloads) but not in my case.

I have also downloaded Google sheets as an alternative, but I keep my documents on Dropbox, and google sheets only seems to open excel files if they are in google docs, and I can't see how to open my dropbox files with google sheets.

So:
How can I sort the excel issue?
and
How can I open dropbox excel files with google sheets please

Thanks

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not able to help with excel or google sheets but numbers will work with Windows created excel files.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, and take a look at the apps there. See if your app (Excel for iPad) is still visible. If so, the app hasn't been removed from your device. Select the app, and delete it from there (Settings -...). Try installing the app again afterwards.

OP
D

Dave1510

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went there
Excel WAS still there
Selected and deleted it
Reinstalled it
Now working
Thanks

Most reactions