What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(ESL) educational apps for kids

waddo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

I teach kids (4-11) English as a second language. Small groups. I am looking for some app suggestions. At the moment I only use ABC Expedition and Preschool Memory Match.

Any suggestions welcome.

Waddo

Reaction score
If you want to teach some science, try Star Walk. It's more astronomy than science but the kids can learn about the stars, solar system, galaxies, constellations, etc whole learning English.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

mommom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app by L'Escapadori, it is MONTESSORI WORDS, would meet your needs perfectly, it has different levels and can be set to give great audible pronunciation of each letter or the whole word. We also like Word slaps and of course the Ben 10 book is nice for boys, so many of the apps for young kids are a bit girly. The voice that can read to you as each word is highlighted in the Ben 10 book is clear and easy to understand. Cheers-

vanesa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tilly's petting farm

Tilly's petting farm is my own App.
You can check out the video demo:

teacher-tilly<dot>com

Tilly’s Petting Farm offers an effective approach to learning words and vocabulary. It encourages kids to learn about what surrounds them and what things are made of. For example, with many apps kids are shown a picture of butter, but do not always learn anything else beside the word. With my App kids also learn that butter is made from milk and milk comes from the cow. It is a great learning app easy to use with bright and colourful drawings. It encourages children to keep on learning and exploring. Everything is clickable and animated and offer 3 or 4 different sentences or words to say it.

coolkirsten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends what age kid your talking about, if your on about sort of 8-9+ study guru, is the best app out there!! It's really good and is great for revision before tests as well!

Most reactions

Latest posts