1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Error printing via CUPS

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by Marabou Muddler, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Marabou Muddler

Marabou Muddler iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was able to successfully set up printing from my iPad 2 to my wireless printer via Print n Share. I did not need to use WePrint at all.

Now, all of a sudden, when I try to print something from the iPad2, I get the following error message: "error printing via CUPS." When I close that error message screen, the next screen says: :CUPS Write data." status=-1 Not Found 152.

Don't know if this makes a difference, but the error message seems to be generated for "IPP." If I select PDL, then nothing happens. What are IPP and PDL anyway?

Does anyone know what all this means, and more importantly, how do I get my printing back?
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. haveit

haveit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CUPS error when trying to print

I am having the same problem. Can't find the answer anywhere. Can someone please HELP!:(