What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Error: Codec update is required."

dion.barb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When syncing my iPad I receive this message.

" "Error: Codec update is required." was not copied to the iPad because it could not be found. "

Syncing does not complete; notes are not syncing.

I also sync with an ipod touch and have no difficulties with it.

Anyone have any ideas??

Simonkey75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad-answers.com
Definitely a video incompatibility problem. As deckyon says, unselect all videos when syncing, then use the "Manage Music and Videos Manually" option to add one video at a time to find the offending file. Once you've identified it, you can right-click and select the available Convert to... option to process the file into a compatible format.

By the way, are you syncing the same video files to the iPod Touch? If yes, it would be odd for iTunes to be able to copy it to the Touch but not the iPad.

OP
D

dion.barb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I got it working. There was one movie file I had to uncheck and then everything was fine. Never dawned on me that it would be a movie file!

Most reactions

Latest posts