What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

entirely new to the world of apple

druncle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi i'm druncle. this actually my first apple product and sign up to an apple site, and that's probably bcos you can't create an itunes store account from nigeria ( its not listed by apple). either way will have to find a way to create one first and foremost cos without it i don't think my ipad2 will be worth having. Holla if y'all got any suggestions.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to our friendly forum!

I think you'll find one of our moderators Tim doesn't synch to iTunes either so you will be in good company. He'll probably welcome you soon, hope you get answer soon

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
druncle said:
hi i'm druncle. this actually my first apple product and sign up to an apple site, and that's probably bcos you can't create an itunes store account from nigeria ( its not listed by apple). either way will have to find a way to create one first and foremost cos without it i don't think my ipad2 will be worth having. Holla if y'all got any suggestions.

you can change your country in iTunes account screen to one that is supported

dunno whether that is legal or allowed by apple or if there is any problems with payments etc

Last edited:
OP
D

druncle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks y'all for the advise. it'll really be interesting to so how one can sync without itunes but either i'll work on the account setup thing. Ps why can't i watch watch videos on youtube? tells me that the format is not supported. i guess ipad can't play flv format by default, is that it? and finally for now where can i locate a list of must have free ipad apps?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you need to establish an iTunes account in another country then the easiest way is to obtain an Apple Gift Card from that country - either from a colleague who is there, or you can purchase them online. Then you can set up an iTunes account in that country. You don't need a credit card - there are details on the Apple website on how to do this, but basically you sign up - enter the Gift Card details and leave the credit card section blank. It's fully supported by Apple - I can send you a link to their site if you'd like it.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts