What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enter password to buy apps in apps store help

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sstamnes said:
I have recently updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 and found that the App Store NEVER asks for a password regardless of how long it has been between opening the store. I checked the restrictions and they are all disabled. But here's where it gets interesting, my iPhone 4S is running iOS 5.1 and the restrictions are also disabled exactly the same way as the iPad but it does ask for a password. I am thinking this is a glitch or built in "feature" of the new App Store in iOS 6. I am not sure if the restrictions will change anything since they are set the same way between devices but I will certainly give it a try. I do not like not having to enter a password at all.

It is a feature of ios6, at least for upgrading apps. I haven't installed a new app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Purchase and installation of new apps still requires a password. The 15 minute grace period for re-entering your password can be turned on/off in Settings > General > Restrictions.

BTW, I enable Restrictions on my devices, even though I rarely turn any of them on. This keeps anyone else from turning them on and entering a passcode I don't know. That's overkill for me, but for families that share an iPad it's a wise precaution on the part of the devices' owner/manager.

Last edited:

davidtxs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My restrictions are turned. OFF And it still asks me either way may be io6

Most reactions

Latest posts