What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying apps

Ken123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I download something from the app store, if it has in app purchases I have to put my password in, but if it just costs a 1 of fee (say 69p) I don't get the option of putting a password in, kind of scary with kids about in my house.. I can't seem to find a way to change this, does anyone know a solution to this?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may already know that once you enter your password to buy an app, there's a certain amount of time (haven't really timed it but it seems like maybe 5 to 10 minutes or so) that you're allowed to buy more before you're required to enter it again. If you've tried to purchase apps back to back or close to each other, that's why. But are you saying you've been able to buy without a password on the first purchase of the day or after having not bought one in a while? If so, I hadn't heard of anyone being able to do that and not sure how you would disable it.

OP
K

Ken123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was not the first download of the day, but the first for a few hours, and only the second paid app, the first paid was also no password required, I was thinking that it was because they were below £1 New to apple, I like everything bar this

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might check into settings, restrictions. You can turn off allowing purchases, in-app purchases, deleting apps, etc. there. This doesn't solve the no password request, but does protect you from children's purchases.

Most reactions

Latest posts