What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails being weird

andrewwhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iphone and iPad are telling me I have unread emails, however these emails do not show up in the inbox. The unread emails appeared after using the search feature. Is there a way of making this go away. On previous iOS software it seemed to just disappear its self after a day, had it about a week now starting to annoy me.
Thanks, Andrew

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the Mailbox button at the top left of the email list (in landscape).

There are two lists. One for mailboxes and one for accounts. Select you account under the Accounts list.

You will now see a list of folders for that account. If there are any numbers next to a folder that means there is an unread email in it. This happens when an email gets moved without actually being opened.

You can go into the folder, find the email, and mark it read.

OP
andrewwhill

andrewwhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go in only read ones are appearing I think these other ones have appeared when I used the search function to find emails from ages ago. There not actually there to delete :(

JesterSevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with this. I fact still do, have 7 emails in trash can which are just not there. Open trash and nowt! Think on the thread I started someone mentioned logging out then back in your email account? Sadly I can't remember how to do that on my iPad! Sad I know! Lol!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To log out of your account, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; select your account, then turn off Mail. Open Mail to make sure it went away, then go aback and turn it back on.

More drastically you can delete the account and add it again.

JesterSevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome! It worked! No more "ghost" emails! And I didn't have to delete the account, cheers twerppoet! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts