What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email sent sounds

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my sent sound (swoosh) to work, I have tried all the obvious, I think?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone to settings/general/sounds/sent mail...there you can modify to a sound. You may have "none" selected.

OP
T

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you gone to settings/general/sounds/sent mail...there you can modify to a sound. You may have "none" selected.

No, thanks but I have done all that, I am just trying the canceling of the open icons.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes -I would suggest that. For immediate fixes, see below:

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also make sure your volume is up and while your at it, go to your settings and make sure your side switch isn't checked for mute.

OP
T

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have rebooted, checked sounds settings, checked side switch and still nothing so I do not know what to try next?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also-do a 4- finger swipe to reveal your multitask bar. Swipe to the left to get to your volume control and increase it. Also make sure your volume and mute switch is in the right places.

And when you say rebooted-just want to make sure you pressed the home and power switch together, right?

OP
T

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure about the four finger swipe? But I just did a complete reset and backed up from iCloud, but still no joy?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4-finger swipe upward is the same as hitting the home buttons twice to reveal your multi-task bar.i am assuming that you are on the most current version 5.1.1.

I am not certain why your email is not creating that swoosh sound when you send emails off. You've done all the immediate fixes, you have gone to your iPad settings and checked for your side switch that it isn't muted, checked notifications, checked volume cranked up high enough....not sure what else to say.

May gave to follow up and make an appointment a genius at the Apple store. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help to you. Maybe others could chime in.

OP
T

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny thing about all of this is I sent about 5 test emails to myself and one of them worked! Then the next test ones did not!
Thanks for all your help, it's not important, just irritating that humans cannot triumph over computers!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing about all of this is I sent about 5 test emails to myself and one of them worked! Then the next test ones did not!
Thanks for all your help, it's not important, just irritating that humans cannot triumph over computers!!

No problem...just wished it worked the for the last 4 test runs you had. It is irritating for it not to work. I would recommend a stops at the Apple store so they could assess it better.

OP
T

tuppence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would not believe this, but the bloody email sent whoosh is working. I think Steve Jobs must have heard of my problem upstairs and fixed it for me!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You would not believe this, but the bloody email sent whoosh is working. I think Steve Jobs must have heard of my problem upstairs and fixed it for me!!

...or you fixed it after doing all the right things!!

Glad to hear all things are working now!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts