What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EMail Problem after installing OS 5

davehays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have OS 5 installed on my ipad 2 , when I send an Email using WI-Fi every thing works as it should If I try to send an Email over Verizon network I get the following message: A copy has been placed in your Outbox. Verify that you have addressed This message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail Preferances and verify any advanced settings with your systems Administrator. If the Email is to someone on the globalccs.net network it goes but any were else I get the message it well not send it.:(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the SSL option enabled for your SMTP outgoing email? Many service providers will not handle mail that is not received using the secure login afforded by SSL...

Tim

OP
D

davehays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the SSL option enabled for your SMTP outgoing email? Many service providers will not handle mail that is not received using the secure login afforded by SSL...

Tim

SSL is on.

Ibeleave that if that was the problem it would not be working over WI-FI but it works fine there.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I'm assuming that the Verizon email was working before the upgrade and that you've not changed any of the email settings since then.

But if your WiFi broadband is the same service provider who provides your email service, then - on WiFi - that service provider can confirm your identity. Using Verizon, the email is received by your service provider over the Internet and your identity cannot be confirmed.

However, I agree entirely that this issue would have prevented you sending email by Verizon before the update. Not sure now - I will think about it and hopefully someone else will have an idea too.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts