1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

email ipad security question

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Chilcoatipad, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Chilcoatipad

Chilcoatipad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Neither my wife or I are very computer or web savvy so please bare with us. She had an AOL mail account that someone hacked, she openned a yahoo mail account and since almost the day she started someone is changing her password on her account almost as fast as she creates a new password. Its like someone is reading her keyboard strokes as she puts in a new password and then later that same day yahoo notifies her that again her password has been changed.

Is it possible that an app or software has been downloaded into her ipad that would cause a security issue?
    Thank you very much of the help.
    Bob
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  2. jmbarker

jmbarker iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Was the iPad bought new? Sounds like her Yahoo account has been hacked and it sounds like a keystroke logger has been installed but I do not know if that is possible. Interesting. Hope you get it solved.
  3. GadgetGeek71

GadgetGeek71 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never heard of an app that will do that. Did she try the same thing with gmail or some other email provider?