What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to send email, but can receive

Tricon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's Yahoo email was hacked or something the other day, sending out "please help me with money, I'm stranded in Britain" messages to everyone in her contact email list. She changed her password immediately afterward, but ever since then she can't send email from her iPad 3 (she can receive fine), even though she can send/receive from our laptop with no problem. Whatever happened, it deleted everything in her inbox and sent boxes, so it was malevolent. I hope that's all it did.

I verified that she changed her password in Settings on the iPad, but it made no difference. I even had her delete her Yahoo email account on her iPad, then recreate it, but she still can't send email.

Could this be a virus or something on the iPad? It seems to be iPad-specific since she can send email fine on our home computer.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After the update, my email works on my iPad but not on my iPhone. They have the exact same settings.

I serious doubt if this is a virus. It's more likely some kind of bug or user error.

OP
T

Tricon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the update, my email works on my iPad but not on my iPhone. They have the exact same settings.

I serious doubt if this is a virus. It's more likely some kind of bug or user error.

It may be a bug, but I double-checked my settings and input; it's not user-error. In any event, I'm still puzzled as to how to fix it.

genephares

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 3 yahoo mail.

I got my pad 3 sunday. upgraded monday. now I am logged into my yahoo home page and it is my account. I use yahoo mail but cannot log in. keeps running me in a circle and asking for my password again and again. talked to apple for over an hour and they finally said to wait a few days. I think they thought it was my fault i.e. wrong password. I can navigate my email just fine on my MAC. I deleted my email on pad 3 and restored it a few times but to no avail. what's up?? gene

OP
T

Tricon7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my pad 3 sunday. upgraded monday. now I am logged into my yahoo home page and it is my account. I use yahoo mail but cannot log in. keeps running me in a circle and asking for my password again and again. talked to apple for over an hour and they finally said to wait a few days. I think they thought it was my fault i.e. wrong password. I can navigate my email just fine on my MAC. I deleted my email on pad 3 and restored it a few times but to no avail. what's up?? gene

Since I can send/receive email fine on my laptop, and I can receive email fine, I think it's an issue with the output server information on the iPad. I think there's a password setting on the outgoing server information. My wife had to change her password, so I'll bet it needs to be changed there, also. Or the outgoing server setting there is inaccurate.

Most reactions

Latest posts