What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email app isn't working

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried going to the site to check out mail server type, but if they have that info posted it is all behind the login. sorry.

BeeJayC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you. It's just weird that it works on the iPhone (has been since June with no prob) and the iPad suddenly stopped working - and it's the same log-in info, obviously.

Shrug.

Oh well.

I'm tempted to restore the iPad but.....I have a feeling it won't make a diff.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going through the advanced settings on both the iPhone and iPad to see if you can spot any differences. I agree that a restore is unlikely to help.

johns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to delete my emails by going to the edit button and removing them through that.
All new emails since I did that will delete normally.
Don't know why ???

BeeJayC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To let everyone know, I fixed my problem by changing the number of emails the iPad was trying to show from 50 to 25. Boom. Everything worked normally again.

Strange but happy.

And now I can delete emails on the iPhone and iPad too, again.

ronallarson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New member - email app opens but dies in 2 seconds

I am several year user of ipad1 - with no email problems till few hours ago. When I try to open the email App,
I see the input mail screen in background, with bright normal reply message (to one with 2 ccs) - which lasts for
one second and then back to normal option screen. I can't move fast enough to kill the reply message
Everything else works, and no problem at Comcast site for any part of email operations. I have rebooted
several times. I have temporarily removed the email app using the minus sign approach. I have searched for
several hours on this site - and found no similar email startup/death problem. Thoughts?
I have plenty of storage left.
My wife shares computer, but I can't switch user, since the App dies so quickly.
If I killed my account using "settings" (saving hers ), might that work? ( I'd hate to lose address book)
If I go to local Apple store, can they diagnose?
Thanks in advance. Ron

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to your Comcast account via a web browser and deleting the problem email (if you can identify it).

Deleting then adding the account again is a common troubleshooting step when nothing else seems to be working.

Deleting your account should not affect the Contacts. If you are syncing the contacts in the account (I don't think you can do that with Comcast), they will just re-sync when you add the account again.

If you are syncing your Contacts via iCloud or GMail (recommended), then nothing you do with the Comcast account will affect them.

Most reactions

Latest posts