What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eliminating books

jungleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased a ton of books many of which I have no intention of ever reading again. Is there some way to completely delete them from my iPad so that they don't show up even in my Purchases?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got carried away did you ?

You don't say what app you are using, so :-

If using iBooks, tap select at top right, select all books you don't want and then tap the word delete. Don't know if that will delete them from your purchases though.

If using kindle, tap and hold each book. Popup will invite deletion. If you want to delete from Amazon you will have to visit the kindle site and manage your content, i.e. there you can permanently delete.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using iBooks, you can delete the books from any of your devices but you can't delete them from your purchased list. While you can't delete items from your purchased list, you can hide them so they do not appear until you unhide them. Here's how to hide your purchases. http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201322

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're using iBooks, you can delete the books from any of your devices but you can't delete them from your purchased list.
Thought so. Seems a bit silly.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought so. Seems a bit silly.

If they did allow you to permanently delete items from your purchased list, there would be a flood of complaints from people who accidentally deleted a book and had to re-purchase it in order to read it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts