What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing Documents on iPad

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
From the guidance of folks here on the forum (thanks everyone) I have learned about a number of resources that comes either from Apple or from individual programmers and they have been eye-opening.

One example of this is Pages. I had never heard about this before, but apparently it has been in the Apple portfolio for some time (how long I don't know). I'm still learning about it, and it works pretty well. What I don't like about it is that it doesn't always talk well with PC-based Microsoft Word documents. The most uncooperative characteristic seems to be spacing functions (tabs, character spaces, page feeds, etc.). I download a two-page document and it opens in Pages as a 5-page doc.

I also notice that the iPad wants to change some fonts to something with a different name ("arial" to "arialMT").

Is there a means to know how to anticipate these differences and be immediately ready to fix them properly? And is there a manual that acompanies Pages (besides the very brief into that starts when you open it the first time)?

Thanks,

Most reactions