What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy (fast) highligh in .doc or .rtf

hisc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in law school in Brazil and I need an app that allows me to easily highlight my principal reading material, laws.

The problem is, my reading material (laws and specific regulations) change a lot. And I find myself with the following question:
- if I use an app like uPad, I highlight very quickly, but cannot change the text when the law changes;
- if I use an app like Docs2Go, I can change the text easily (even on my notebook) but cannot highlight easily (I have to hold, click select, select, hide the keyboard, hit the formatting button, etc)

After a lot of search, I've found outline for iPad (Outline+ iPad app - OneNote Reader and Editor - Features), and I thought it was great for me, specially the highlighting tool, which is so clever (you draw a line, and if it is a continuous line over text the app recognizes it and changes the text to hightlighted, instead of treating it as a simple "drawing line", like uPad does). Outline is great because, although I can export as a PDF my text (which is not the best - export .doc would be better -, but it's fine for me), it keeps it as a text in the app, allowing me to change it whenever I want (meaning, when the rules change). The problem with outline is that when I put a great amount of text in it (like, 30 pages), it gets soooo slow, making it useless.

Is short, what I need is an iPad app that:
- allows me to easily highlight text (preferably) or make it bold (as a second option), without having to do the routine "press, select text, select highlight/bold". Something as easy as the outline app does (preferably), or even like the kindle app. The idea is to have the full text, with a highlighted part.
- allows me to change this text afterwards, without losing or making my highlights useless. (the part where uPad fails)
- allows me to export this text, without losing the highlights, preferably in a format that I may edit out of the iPad (like a .doc or .rtf), or even pdf (if that is not possible)

In a perfect world, where all the apps existed, I just need help in finding an app that allows me to highlight text as easily as Outline does (meaning, draw a line in the screen with my stylus), that supports great amount of text (30 pages seems already fine, although +50 is better) and exports it as a .doc (or handles it like doc2go, with dropbox and all)

I hope you can help me

Evjorenoliv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have a similar question. I have just started reading, mostly, pdf articles on my ipad. I have found an app that's called ihighlight
that let's me highlight and export these highlights, which is working for now. But I was wondering if anyone is aware of an app that let's you summarise highlights/notes much like Adobe for the ipad?? Any suggestions much appreciated!! Thanks!!

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello, I have a similar question. I have just started reading, mostly, pdf articles on my ipad. I have found an app that's called ihighlight that let's me highlight and export these highlights, which is working for now. But I was wondering if anyone is aware of an app that let's you summarise highlights/notes much like Adobe for the ipad?? Any suggestions much appreciated!! Thanks!!
Hi EVJOR.
Try the app "PDF This Page".

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello, I have a similar question. I have just started reading, mostly, pdf articles on my ipad. I have found an app that's called ihighlight that let's me highlight and export these highlights, which is working for now. But I was wondering if anyone is aware of an app that let's you summarise highlights/notes much like Adobe for the ipad?? Any suggestions much appreciated!! Thanks!!
Hi EVJOR. Try the app "PDF this page".

Most reactions

Latest posts