Earphones for iPad (and other i products too!)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Luvntravln, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Ser182

Ser182
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  2. Blueface

Blueface
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am a Bose guy for nearly thirty years.
    Still have my Studiocraftvspeakersvfrom then, working fine.
    As such, Bose QC3 for noise canceling is what I use.
    Bose in ear for when I want something lite.
    Love Bose.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I've review a number of threads concerning Bluetooth earphones - I have an iPod and a new iPad - would love to be non-corded to my iPod (like when on a treadmill!).

There have been some excellent recommendations in this and other threads; however, when I review these products on Amazon, the ratings are often just 3* or so w/ many negative comments (e.g. quality of sound & comfort) - also, many of these are rather expensive, some (esp. w/ noise cancellation) approaching the cost of an iPad!

What am I looking for in a Bluetooth earphone set: 1) Affordability (would like to not pay much over $50); 2) Comfort (don't like ear buds as much as the other options); 3) Sound quality (is this technology really mature?); and 4) Compactness (I travel a lot and want earphones that are small, fold, and take up little room).

Thus, just to continue this thread - what may be my best options? Thanks all for your input - :)

4. incapete

incapete
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300 ( or varients of) are both good bets for a value earphone - careful of eBay as there are lots if counterfeit of both of these. Higher-end; klipsch, jaybird, monster beats, skullcandy and atomic floyd are all good.

5. Hamandcheese

Hamandcheese
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had the s4i's and someone took them off my desk. :-(

6. Jman09

Jman09
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm also a Bose fan I've had the in ear pair with the mic to use with an iPhone or I guess it could be used with Facetime on the iPad2.
    These are the best sounding headphones I've had. But I haven't tried too many out other than some cheaper Sony and others under $30 range. These Bose have a great range, which you expect from $130 headphones. But they were better than I was expecting. Bass is good, and highs and mids are great as well. I listen to all types of music and watch action movies (other genres also) on my iPhone or iPad and everything sounds amazing from them.

7. toby5678910

toby5678910
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    DO NOT GET BOSE - they are the most overpriced garbage cans on the market. I have over 40+ pairs of headphones ranging from KOSS Porta Pros (30$) to Senhiser HD 800 (1500$). For 150$ i would highly recommended "Audio Technica ATH-50". These cans are awesome for there price (as good as a 400$ equivalent)

Check out these forums - lots of info

Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles

8. Hdchiky

Hdchiky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hey Toby... I love BOSE products! In fact, I have a couple of the BOSE wave radio/cd players around the house AND the little MIE2 earphones that I use on my iPhone4 and the iPad - they work GREAT! Maybe you have just had a little bad luck, there are lemons in everything. They are definitely NOT garbage, course we all know about opinions.... everyone's got one!

Chiky

9. toby5678910

toby5678910
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    What's so bad about Bose? - Head-Fi.org Community

Read up on it - BOSE headphones are made of the same junk skullcandy's made out of - they basically market themselves as being the best, but in reality the components they use to make there products are inferior.

10. Catfiend

Catfiend
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    On the other hand, I tried several sets of noise canceling headphones before popping for the Bose ones. The difference between the Bose versions and the others is that they actually work. No idea if they give ultra-super-duper-amazing sound reproduction - all I know is that they give sound quality that works for me and they kill the sound from trains, planes and automobiles (not to mention stupid Harleys.)