1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Earphones for iPad (and other i products too!)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Luvntravln, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Luvntravln

Luvntravln iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am looking for a good (not the best for thousands of $) set of earphones for music and movies.

What are you using; why do you like them?

What have you rejected and why?

Thanks,
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I don't know if they are available down there, but I use JVC "Marshmallow" ear buds. They are only $20 (USD) and sound great!
  4. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Ok, I'm a sucker. I've tried just about every headphone on the market up to $200 and to tell you the truth, my favorite by far costs $30 from Creative.

EP-630 | Creative Labs Online Store

I've bought now three pairs, including a version that has the mute switch for iPhone. Why three pairs? They literally never leave my person, either they're hanging around my neck, or they're stuffed in my pocket. I have the bad habit of hanging them on things when I'm walking around, or unceremoniously ripping them from my ears while I sleep. I like them because the sound quality is amazing with thumping bass and crisp highs. I also really like the price. They also have an offset design where one side is longer than the other so that they can go around your neck - that makes it easier when they're not in your ears. shop around, their are several brands marketing the exact same earbud, and they are all exactly the same.
  5. Shellready

Shellready iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks numblock, anyone interested in those headphones you can get them for very cheap on eBay.
  6. Ser182

Ser182 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Luvntravln

Luvntravln iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. thegreatone3

thegreatone3 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got the Klipsch S4's last week and love them. Better than any other ear buds I've tried at a reasonable cost ($70-80). Very comfortable, excellent noise cancellation, and very rich sound. Unless you go super high-end ($300+), it's hard to go wrong with these.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  9. Nogotov

Nogotov iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have the bose in Ear ones. They are not the best, but sturdy and provide good Bass!
  10. crabbypilot

crabbypilot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    eSure makes and outstanding product. The cheapest earbuds run around 100 and are worth the money. The most expensive I think is arounf 500. I have a pair of the e5c's which at the time was top of the line, but I got them for free so... Anyway. I like the sound quality from the sony earbuds that wrap around your ear. I think they are 12.99 or something like that in the states.

For over the ear I have the Bose Q3C's or whatever they are. I think they are outstanding, but my esures sound better. I wish they could put the esure drivers with the Bose anr. That would make an outstanding audio device
  11. Ser182

Ser182 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  12. Blueface

Blueface iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a Bose guy for nearly thirty years.
    Still have my Studiocraftvspeakersvfrom then, working fine.
    As such, Bose QC3 for noise canceling is what I use.
    Bose in ear for when I want something lite.
    Love Bose.
  13. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Well, I've review a number of threads concerning Bluetooth earphones - I have an iPod and a new iPad - would love to be non-corded to my iPod (like when on a treadmill!).

There have been some excellent recommendations in this and other threads; however, when I review these products on Amazon, the ratings are often just 3* or so w/ many negative comments (e.g. quality of sound & comfort) - also, many of these are rather expensive, some (esp. w/ noise cancellation) approaching the cost of an iPad!

What am I looking for in a Bluetooth earphone set: 1) Affordability (would like to not pay much over $50); 2) Comfort (don't like ear buds as much as the other options); 3) Sound quality (is this technology really mature?); and 4) Compactness (I travel a lot and want earphones that are small, fold, and take up little room).

Thus, just to continue this thread - what may be my best options? Thanks all for your input - :)
  14. incapete

incapete iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300 ( or varients of) are both good bets for a value earphone - careful of eBay as there are lots if counterfeit of both of these. Higher-end; klipsch, jaybird, monster beats, skullcandy and atomic floyd are all good.
  15. Hamandcheese

Hamandcheese iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the s4i's and someone took them off my desk. :-(
  16. Jman09

Jman09 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm also a Bose fan I've had the in ear pair with the mic to use with an iPhone or I guess it could be used with Facetime on the iPad2.
    These are the best sounding headphones I've had. But I haven't tried too many out other than some cheaper Sony and others under $30 range. These Bose have a great range, which you expect from $130 headphones. But they were better than I was expecting. Bass is good, and highs and mids are great as well. I listen to all types of music and watch action movies (other genres also) on my iPhone or iPad and everything sounds amazing from them.
  17. toby5678910

toby5678910 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DO NOT GET BOSE - they are the most overpriced garbage cans on the market. I have over 40+ pairs of headphones ranging from KOSS Porta Pros (30$) to Senhiser HD 800 (1500$). For 150$ i would highly recommended "Audio Technica ATH-50". These cans are awesome for there price (as good as a 400$ equivalent)

Check out these forums - lots of info

Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles
  18. Hdchiky

Hdchiky iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hey Toby... I love BOSE products! In fact, I have a couple of the BOSE wave radio/cd players around the house AND the little MIE2 earphones that I use on my iPhone4 and the iPad - they work GREAT! Maybe you have just had a little bad luck, there are lemons in everything. They are definitely NOT garbage, course we all know about opinions.... everyone's got one!

Chiky
  19. toby5678910

toby5678910 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's so bad about Bose? - Head-Fi.org Community

Read up on it - BOSE headphones are made of the same junk skullcandy's made out of - they basically market themselves as being the best, but in reality the components they use to make there products are inferior.
  20. Catfiend

Catfiend iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    On the other hand, I tried several sets of noise canceling headphones before popping for the Bose ones. The difference between the Bose versions and the others is that they actually work. No idea if they give ultra-super-duper-amazing sound reproduction - all I know is that they give sound quality that works for me and they kill the sound from trains, planes and automobiles (not to mention stupid Harleys.)