What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Scrabble

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He scrabble game desktop icon used to show a number showing how many games it was my turn in.it disappeared even tho it is my turn in two games.notification changes did not fix. Any ideas on how to get it back or if EA just messed up in an update also would like that info. Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure of you did this or not..but give these a try...

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I followed your instructions and am waiting for the other player to send a turn. However, I noticed other threads still complaining of same issue with EA only saying they will fix it in an update. I will let you know if it does fix with your suggestions tho. Appreciate your help.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, please do...especially if this has been noted elsewhere with EA games.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 shows the number, my new iPad purchased recently does not. I even restored the apps from ipad1 and re-downloaded to new iPad. Still the same. Very strange. All settings on IPads and in game are set the same so must be the new IPad.

michelleewaldron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Scrabble has not been working for a couple of days. I have tried the three restart options above, but those did not help. When I try to open Scrabble, Facebook opens and gives me a message I have never seen before, which says that I have already registered this app. Then I click "okay" and it seems to start up like usual, but then when it is trying to contact facebook to get my information, it seems to crash and go right back to the Scrabble menu screen. From there, if I hit the Facebook Scrabble option, the cycle mentioned repeats itself. Any suggestions?

Ok, I changed my FB option for Scrabble from "access my information anytime" to blank and this seemed to fix it, although it seems kind of counter intuitive (now that I have told it not to access my FB, it is accessing my FB).

Last edited:

janetgold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Scrabble (on iPad2 w/ latest ioS) isn't working fully. I can send and receive moves, but my stats are not updating, and I can't force forfeit folks who haven't played in, well, days. It's frustrating, especially when EA says that the server is fixed and all is well. Maybe the server is fixed for the Facebook version, but I play only on an iPhone and an iPad, and neither one has updated my stats for about a week now. Restarting didn't help. Signing out of Origin and then back into Origin didn't help. Don't know how to contact EA. Answers, anyone?

Most reactions

Latest posts