What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e-mail inbox problem

janetinglis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am able to send and receive e-mails on my new i-pad with a yahoo account. The problem is that the received mail messages just disappear as soon as I open them. They don't go into trash. The sent ones stay in the sent box. Does anyone know how to keep my received messages? Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the emails have already been deleted or moved on Yahoo's site or on a computer, then they may appear briefly on the iPad before disappearing. This is a result of the Push settings. The iPad gets the email almost as soon as it arrives on the server, but has no way of knowing that the email is gone until the Mail app is launched and it checks back with the server.

If the emails are getting sent to the Junk or Trash folder automatically, then you will have to go to the Yahoo site to see them.

Esorappaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did something wrong and now can't get my Message list in email...didn't find answer in manual. Ideas? Thnx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You mean your list of emails?

At the top left of the list column there should be a back button. It usually says MailBox, but could be the name of a folder. Tap this until you see two lists. A list of Inboxes at the top and a list of Accounts at the bottom. If you just want to see new emails choose the appropriate Inbox. If you want to delve into your account's folders choose the account. It should be self explanatory from there.

Or I've misunderstood what's going on. In that case I'll need more details before I can make a better guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts