What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best DVD to iPad tool ?

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to put some of my favorite DVDs into my iPad, but so far the only program I tried converted "The Avatar" to a 3GB file. Is this a normal size ? Can you recommend better options ? (I used Handbreak).

I was looking today to iFunia "DVD to iPad converter" but don't wanna spend lots of money trying different products only to obtain the same results.

Thanks !

maccolar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may take a look at this download list, it collects 6 free DVD Video to iPad Converters for Windows and Mac, they are totally free without any limitation and watermakr. I'm sure you will find one to convert DVD to iPad. I personally prefer to using format factory.

OP
L

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks I will try one of the solutions as long as they are OSX compatible.

ipadfornothing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake - i use this for my PSP too and its absolutely brilliant - you can change formats / screen ratios / sound settings.

and if you are 64-bit (like me :)) then you can run multiples !

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I use, and have used for a few years now, DVDFab Platinum. It now has an iPad profile that is really the best fire and forget ripping I have tried. I checked into that otherost, tried it out and some other tools, but DVDFab is the easiest. Also, it is free to try, but every thirty days you have to reinstall. But it is not a feature-blocked trial, it is full featured.

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Cucusoft...
I also have Cucusoft and think it's great. Very easy to use - in fact you can set it so all you have to do is select the DVD and then it does everything else on its own. It has great PQ and I watch both on my iPad and through Apple TV. The only issue is it won't output Dolby Digital sound. Is there any converter that will also output Dolby Digital (DD isn't necessary for the iPad of course, but I'd like it when watching via Apple TV)?

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use CucuSoft's DVD to iPad converter and as others here have said, it works very well.

One issue with Handbrake, it doesn't rip encrypted DVD's which is a lot of commercial DVD's.

Also some of the "free" downloads are limited time demos. So if you only need to rip one or two DVD's right now, those will work. However, they will expire and start placing a watermark after awhile.

OP
L

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use CucuSoft's DVD to iPad converter and as others here have said, it works very well.

One issue with Handbrake, it doesn't rip encrypted DVD's which is a lot of commercial DVD's.

Also some of the "free" downloads are limited time demos. So if you only need to rip one or two DVD's right now, those will work. However, they will expire and start placing a watermark after awhile.

Cucusoft is windows only right ?

clickerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do handbreak and cucusoft handle the latest DVD copy protection schemes?

Most reactions

Latest posts