What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD to iPad?

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way that I could play a DVD on my computer that could them be played over some connection or something to my iPad, basically so I can watch a film on my iPad in bed that I have already baught without having to buy it again from iTunes.

Thanks for your help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way that I could play a DVD on my computer that could them be played over some connection or something to my iPad, basically so I can watch a film on my iPad in bed that I have already baught without having to buy it again from iTunes.

Thanks for your help.

We'll have to stop meeting like this....

OK - do you want to stream or convert and upload?

If it's the latter, then most members recommend 'Handbrake' which is free and allows you to convert DVDs into a format that the iPad can play.

Have fun...

Tim

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

If it's the latter, then most members recommend 'Handbrake' which is free and allows you to convert DVDs into a format that the iPad can play.

Have fun...

Tim

We do have to stop meeting like this ha!

I'm not sure which is the best, stream or convert? What do you suggest?

This 'Handbreak' sounds great, where do I get this from? Is it software that I downloads to my PC?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have fun...

Tim

We do have to stop meeting like this ha!

I'm not sure which is the best, stream or convert? What do you suggest?

This 'Handbreak' sounds great, where do I get this from? Is it software that I downloads to my PC?

Have a look here..

HandBrake

Tim

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
First things first. Handbrake does NOT decrypt Commercial DVD or Bluray discs.

Unfortunately this is useless to me as the films I wanted on my iPad are all commercial. I just don't want to have to buy the films again on the iTunes store but I still want to watch the films on my iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So where are the films now? On your PC in iTunes - i.e. you've watched them on your PC and now you want to watch them on your iPad.

Tim

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
So where are the films now? On your PC in iTunes - i.e. you've watched them on your PC and now you want to watch them on your iPad.

Tim

Yes, I watch them on my PC but not in iTunes because it doesn't let me, I have to watch them in 'Windows Movie Player' which is not the best I can tell you.

Most reactions

Latest posts