What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading movies to my ipad 1 32 gb 3 g

Reaction score
It depends on where the movies come from.

You could buy movies from the iTunes app, or if you already have the movies on your harddrive, use a video player app, such as OPlayer and then use iTunes to add the movies to OPlayer.

Prometheus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does itunes do format conversion? How long will it take to transfer a 1.4GB xvid movie to the iPad2?

Reaction score
Prometheus said:
Does itunes do format conversion? How long will it take to transfer a 1.4GB xvid movie to the iPad2?

iTunes doesn't convert movies, for that you would have to use another program, such as the free Handbrake. The conversion may take a few hours, depending on your system. But the process of transferring a 1.4GB movie onto the iPad shouldn't take more than 3-4 min.

If you don't want to convert the movies, you could also use an app, which plays xvid directly, such as OPlayer.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad wouldn't allow me to download files and Apps greater then 20M on 3G.
SO, A Movie ??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad wouldn't allow me to download files and Apps greater then 20M on 3G.
SO, A Movie ??

You're right - Apple impose a 20 MB download limit on 3G. But I didn't think the OP specifically wanted to download the movie on 3G, rather they were identifying the specific iPad model they had....but, just in case, yes - you'll have to download it using WiFi...

Tim

OP
S

sulaiman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You're right - Apple impose a 20 MB download limit on 3G. But I didn't think the OP specifically wanted to download the movie on 3G, rather they were identifying the specific iPad model they had....but, just in case, yes - you'll have to download it using WiFi...

Tim

Thankyou guys very much, i was thinking if i cud dl directly to my iPad without iTunes etc like dowloading a torrent etc exactly as we do on our pc?

Most reactions

Latest posts