16 GB or 32 GB

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by HeyMac55, Aug 29, 2010.

1. HeyMac55

HeyMac55
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I received an iPad 16 GB for my birthday. I was very thrilled about my gift, however, I have not taken it out of the sealed package yet because I am not sure if I want to get the 32 GB one instead. I don't really download movies too much, and I have a great iPod for all my music. Is it worth it to get the higher capacity iPad? I do want to download photos, PDFs, and ebooks on it. Please advise.

2. King Hal

King Hal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    No, without music and movies don't spend more on the 32GB. Open your present and start enjoying

3. G.P

G.P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would return the ipad for full credit, and put up the $100 to upgrade to 32gb. You never know, with the storage space you just may start putting some movies or shows on there, or loading up on apps, in which case 16gb will run thin sooner than you'd like. Better to have too much space, than too little.....

4. Game_Writer

Game_Writer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought the 64GB and haven't used used 16GB yet--but I plan to! ;)

5. Digikid

Digikid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    If you got the wifi only 16GB....return it.....and pay for the 3G version 16GB. For your needs.....16GB is fine.

6. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i have the 64.gb as my basic daily use ..in my bad weather bag i have a 16.gb for my info for i need to give the insurance company all the info they need ..

7. wrecklass

wrecklass
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    There is no such thing as too much storage. Unless the price for storage is way out of line. Come to think of it, this is Apple so that last statement is in play.

8. lumberjak

lumberjak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wanted the 32GB originally but was waiting forever as they were always selling out, so I sucked it up and just got the 64GB instead. I have since filled a good chunk of that up with avi's (thanks Oplayer!), my music collection (15GB), apps (Navigon and Elements took a good chunk). I think 32GB would have been manageable, but for me personally 16GB would have been way to small.

Another option would be jailbreak the iPad, get the camera connection kit, use iFile from Cydia and use SD cards to store extra data like movies and the like.

9. KILLERkpd

KILLERkpd
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Go big or go home...I thought the same thing as you, until I got to see one. I never really watch Ipod Movies anymore, they are on my iPad now.:)

10. cindy1985

cindy1985
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    for me, I will go for changing to the 32GB, maybe one day I want to use 32GB, for the future, I will go to change:)