What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down load mp3 file

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Today I need to download a mp3 file from one site. It display safari unable to download the file.

May I know any work around ?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's not allowed. Unless that mp3 file is from iTunes.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually instead of jailbreaking (which is cool to do anyways) use iCab webbrowser. It has a downloader as part of the browser (same idea as Safari Download Manager, but no need to jailbreak). Sorta like Goodreader but an actual really useful browser, beats Safari for tabbed browsing.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all of you for your feedback. It is wonderful , now I know there it work around.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually instead of jailbreaking (which is cool to do anyways) use iCab webbrowser. It has a downloader as part of the browser (same idea as Safari Download Manager, but no need to jailbreak). Sorta like Goodreader but an actual really useful browser, beats Safari for tabbed browsing.

Thank you much for this recommendation. I just got iCab and it resolves several issues I had with Safari. Loading new tabs in the background? Worth the process alone.

Now I just need a way to get other Apps to load links to iCab. Like making it the default browser on Windows.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an easy way of making iCab or any other browser your default...Buuuut, you gotta jailbreak your iPad. If you jailbreak find an app called "Browser Changer" and it will allow you to choose any browser you want as you default...it's really coool. Very easy, and no problems noted with it.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi lum , now my ver 3.2.2 you think when the JB s/w will be avail for me to JB ? Cannot wait to JB.

Most reactions

Latest posts