What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doubt in Ipad

Ranganathan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having iPad since past 10 months.
It was a gift from my son who bought it on the first day of it's launch.
It is a very marvelous piece to me.
I am much addicted to it.
But I am not getting pop ups of calendar events daily morning nowadays as before.
Can any one solve this to me .
Other functions are working well .
With best wishes,
Tgr

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

First: On your iPad go to Settings >> Notifications and make sure it is On. If not select the Notifications and turn the main switch at the top on.

If that does not help you can try the below instructions:

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this problem too.

If you are using iOS 4.2 (multi-tasking - if you don't know whether you have this or not, given that you've had your iPad for 18 months, then you probably don't) open the multi-task bar (double tap the 'Home' button) and hold down any of the app icons until they start to 'jiggle'. Then scroll the multi-task left or right until you find the Calendar app and touch the icon. This will force the app to close (it only closes the app, it doesn't delete it). Now either touch the Home screen or button to hide the multi-task bar and start up the calendar app again.

Another possible (and probably easier) solution is to turn your iPad completely off by *holding down* the power button for a couple of seconds until the slider appears. Slide it to confirm. It takes a couple of seconds to power down; you get a rotating 'bezel' in the middle of the screen while this is happening. Then power up again. You get a silver Apple-logo when it's powered on, again it takes 5-10 seconds before the iPad Home screen re-appears. This 'cures' lots of problems!

Hope this works for you - let us all know how you get on.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts