What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't judge me harshly for asking this....................

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please don't send me to read umpteen paragraphs explaining how to do this that and the other, but kindly tell me what these are.

I see I've been "tagged". What is that and why would anyone want to tag me? and how is it done?

Then I see I've been thanked. Presumably someone thinks I've given help or offered advice. To my knowledge all I've done is bring to the attention to readers, an app which I find extremely useful. If that's the case, I did it with fingers crossed hoping it wasn't seen as spamming. Who knows. Anyway, how do you thank anyone, other than the way I am currently doing in messages.
If you access iPF using a browser, you'll find the rating icons below every post, except for your own. If you tap one of them, you're rating the post.
Here's what they mean:
image.jpg

If you received an alert that someone thanked your post, he gave you a Like (the first option).

OP
I

islandman

Presumably iPF means ipad forums ?, I have randomly looked at threads started by people, and I'm blowed if I can see where these icons relating to thanks are.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's your post, with the row of icons right at the bottom. This screenshot was taken while accessing the forum using Safari. Are you saying that you can't see these icons?
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're right, iPF means iPadForums.

Do you use Tapatalk to access this forum?

OP
I

islandman

You're right, iPF means iPadForums.

Do you use Tapatalk to access this forum?

We have the answer. I was accessing the forums via my laptop, but when I use ipad/safari, they are there. Because currently I'm flipping from one to another, I hadn't realised till I raised the subject, that they were indeed part of the ipad forums using an ipad, but not if on laptop. So here is another thanks.

Ps, now on ipad. I have no idea what tapatalk is either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have the answer. I was accessing the forums via my laptop, but when I use ipad/safari, they are there. Because currently I'm flipping from one to another, I hadn't realised till I raised the subject, that they were indeed part of the ipad forums using an ipad, but not if on laptop. So here is another thanks.

That's weird.
I know for sure that it's possible to see them if you use a Mac. You should be able to hover over them with the cursor to see their meaning. I didn't use my laptop for quite a while now to access iPF, and starting it would take quite some time to open the browser, but I think that I saw them the last time I was reading/posting here.

Tapatalk is an app which you could use to access this and other forums.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Tapatalk is an app that allows you to participate in several forums without having to use a browser. The advantage to using it over a browser is that all the forums you like to follow are all in one place instead of having to remember the url or create bookmarks for each forum you participate in. I find it much easier to navigate a forum over doing it through a browser and it's the only way I'll participate in an online forum.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
I

islandman

At the moment, I'm sitting waiting for a skype call from Middle East so daren't do anything other than a quick reply. Then i will look for tapatalk to see what it's about.

Went to look at earlier post to see which icon for thanks, but didn't see it

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I usually browse the forums I frequent on my Macbook Pro using Safari - the 'like etc.' row of buttons appear when my cursor hovers over a post; the first one is the 'Like' reward - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.55.37 AM.png

OP
I

islandman

All I can say, now that I'm back from Skyping the Middle East, is SOD ME I can see them via laptop. I hadn't realised they would appear when the curser moved over them, even though one of you had told me, it hadn't registered. I'm now wondering why they are brought to life this way and not made evident. Eitherway, it seems as though I will retire to be have had another adventure into this world.

Just remembered something, when I upgraded the ipad software earlier this week, an icon appeared on home page, ipad tips. I didn't bother with it, and slid it into a folder out of the way, but this morning decided to have a look at it. My goodness, such a lot of useful info. I investigated some, implemented a few and will go back for another read later.

I have to say, using the ipad is SO infectious. Mind you, for ease of rapid replies to messages, I'm tending to use the laptop. When I'm in bed, I try to reply/post but it's difficult laying down.

Most reactions

Latest posts