WOOHOO I Bought One!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Alleygata, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Alleygata

Alleygata
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I broke down and just did it!! There's definitely a learning curve for those of us that have never owned an Apple product but it's exciting. I know, well I'm a grandma and pretty proud of myself for getting this far, so don't judge me too harshly. :)

I look forward to becoming an expert by the time my grandkids find out I even have one. Please be patient and I will try to find the answers before posting a dumb question.

WOOHOO I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!! :D

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Welcome - you'll find a great bunch of really friendly and helpful guys here. Don't be afraid to post 'dumb' questions, either. We've all been there! You'll find most of the answers to your questions if you use the Forum 'Search' button that's near the top of the Forum page. It's so obvious that everyone misses it!! It's a great way to get an almost instant answer to any question you have and I've found too that you usually find something extra that you weren't actually looking for, but is really useful nevertheless.

But, there are always new questions coming up so - again - don't be afraid to post. And make sure you hide that iPad from your grandkids or you'll never see it again....

Tim
    Scotland

3. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Welcome!

4. Alleygata

Alleygata
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the welcome. Yep, gotta show those tech savvy kids that grandma's cool.

I've used Windows since it's inception so I'm having to teach an ol' dog new tricks, but it's exciting!

5. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Welcome welcome! Enjoy your stay, don't be up all night reading threads :)

6. Spink10

Spink10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Welcome

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. Alleygata

Alleygata
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    LOL It's funny you said that freebird because I spent ALL day reading ALL the iPad guides (and videos) on the GilsMethod.com site today. It helped me so much but my head is spinning! [​IMG]

8. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Haha told ya so :)

Just keep reading. There are new things to discover everyday.

9. SBHOKC

SBHOKC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    What has been your favorite thing that your iPad does that you did not expect? Just curious?

10. Alleygata

Alleygata
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mainly what I'm finding is that using it is like learning a different language...in the dark. I miss not being able to use one-click to return to the screen I was on, especially with short-term memory problems. LOL Since I've never used any Apple product I'm sure there will be a bit longer learning period for me, so I'll have to get back to you on that question. :)