What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your iPad work with this website??

PrahaExpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am having an issue on a common website I visit.

glocktalk dot com (I don't have 3 posts yet :D)

When I go to the site it will load almost completely, then go to the bottom of the page where it appears an add would be and takes me back to my google homepage. I called apple support but they were no help.

Does this website work with you other iPad users?

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works for me. The idiosyncrasy is that it loads, then jumps to the bottom of the page with the google search box. But if I scroll up to the top of the page its all there.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the homepage up on my iPad right now. And it's allowing me to read forum posts. I'm not going to register to see if I can fully participate because after all, I'm a Sig enthusiast :)

OP
P

PrahaExpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works for me. The idiosyncrasy is that it loads, then jumps to the bottom of the page with the google search box. But if I scroll up to the top of the page its all there.

Ahh ok, so it does jump to the bottom of the page for you? It does that for me, then loads google. This works fine on my PC desktop/mac laptop/iPod Touch.

Strange it won't work on my iPad :confused:

OP
P

PrahaExpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the homepage up on my iPad right now. And it's allowing me to read forum posts. I'm not going to register to see if I can fully participate because after all, I'm a Sig enthusiast :)

Hmm...then I guess it works on yours just fine. Oh and I frequent there mainly for the general non-glocking :) My duty firearm is a Glock so the site comes in handy.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Works for me too (default Safari browser) but it also jumps to the bottom of the page, which is annoying.

OP
P

PrahaExpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got it to load normal (didn't jump to the bottom of the page and had a normal ad there), but once I clicked on a topic it jumped to the bottom and routed me towards google again :(

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to jump to the bottom about half the time when switching threads. Strange and annoying.

OP
P

PrahaExpat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so after playing around with it for a little I learned a few things.

If I am signed into my iGoogle account it will rout me back to google when I visit GT. If I sign out it will only scroll to the bottom of the page, but not rout me to google. It works, but VERY annoying.

Anyone have any ides what may be wrong??

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Can Am forum does that while it is loading images, if I try to scroll to the top while it is still loading a page it snaps to the bottom every time it finishes loading an image. I've just learned to be patient and wait until it finishes loading before I try to scroll to the top.

On a similar subject, has anyone noticed that if you tap the title bar at the top of the screen it scrolls to the top instantly. Kind of handy when you are at the bottom of a long page and the navigation controls you need are at the top of the page.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no quick scroll to the bottom (like there is for the top). Makes reading long email threads, especially on an iPhone, time consuming and tiring.

Atomic web has those handy features though (quick scroll to top and bottom). I'm currently trying out the Lite version and I think it may be time to hit 'Buy'.

Most reactions

Latest posts