What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this particular Smart Cover work on an iPad 3?

MitzEclipse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently have an iPad 2 and moving up to an iPad 3. I'm wondering if my current Smart Cover works on the iPad 3? I'm reading the forums and apparently there newer Smart Covers work on both the iPad 2 and 3, the older ones do not.

This is a grey smart cover part ID: C0Q15010826DV8JAZ

Thanks for the help, please let me know.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently have an iPad 2 and moving up to an iPad 3. I'm wondering if my current Smart Cover works on the iPad 3? I'm reading the forums and apparently there newer Smart Covers work on both the iPad 2 and 3, the older ones do not.

This is a grey smart cover part ID: C0Q15010826DV8JAZ

Thanks for the help, please let me know.

There is a slight shift in the location of the camera lens between iPad 2 and 3 so it it depends on how this "newer" Smart Cover handles that difference. Your best bet would be to take your current cover into the shop and see how it fits the iPad3.

When I bought my iPad3 I went shopping around for a nice leather case with the magnetic sleep/on function. The one I really loved and wanted was advertised to be for the iPad2. I took my iPad in to try it on and it fitted perfectly camera location wise etc.
So you won't know 'till you measure it up.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts