What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does iPad consume battery when hibernated?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I just press on/off switch once it goes to sleep mode and wakes up instantly when I press it again.

Does it consume battery during this time? I understand to run system clock etc. some power will be consumed but how does it compare with fully switching the unit off?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition, some tasks and hardware can be running when the iPad is in Sleep mode - for example the WiFi and 3G are switched on and the iPad can be programmed to check for email every so often, even when it's in sleep.

Have a look here for the official line on extending your iPad's battery life

Apple - Batteries - iPad

Tim

Reaction score
Yes, the device still consumes battery, mostly for apps connecting to the Internet, such as checking for mails. But the most battery is used for powering the display, so as long as that is off, will the device rarely use any battery.

Most reactions

Latest posts