What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docstogo DDMMYY format possible?

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very simple sheets requirement but two fields need to be a date.

However, there seems to be only a MMDDYY option.

Am I going insane? I can't find any other options and trying to get to the Docstogo support center where they might just reply is a nightmare!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very annoying isn't it!
Apparently DocsToGo uses the localisation setting of the app, which is English(US) rather than the device it is imstalled on! Got this nugget of info from the DataViz website.
Damn Americans! (I love you really, even if you can't spell colour properly and put "z"s in words where "s"s belong) :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know they say if we hadn't won that little skirmish in 1776, we'd all be speaking English now!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What silly blighter thought that switching it round to month day year was a good idea?
Bet he thought it was a good idea to drive on the other side of the road as well......

OP
S

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I really thought I had gone insane.

It's not like I'm asking them to work out what the heck is 200mm in inches or something.

I'm going to have to look at Numbers. Hopefully, Steven P understand that we don't all drive on the right hand side of the road.

OP
S

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded Numbers and OMG, it was like a religious experience.

If you want to enter a date you get a beautiful looking screen which requires no explanation as to how it should be used.

There is even a 'Today' key which is just great since every new entry I need is today.

And the format? DDMMYY, MMDDYY, dd mmm yyyy, whatever you want.

Thank you Apple. You've won me over - again!

Docstogo, what are you all thinking over there?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And do we really have to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Oh you are too funny, Leigh! I suppose you spell Elizabeth wrong too?:D

Heck, people in glass houses and all that. I'm Scottish and most English speakers I meet don't understand a word I say... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts