What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs To Go concerns

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up a new hard drive from scratch with Win7. Docs To Go (DTG) already on my iPad. When I installed DTG on the desktop the two would no longer sync. Do I need to uninstall DTG from the device and reinstall it?

Sure would appreciate some help here

Thanks
Jerry

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the iPad, in DTG, did you use the "+" button (under the Desktop area) to see if you could establish a connection?

In addition, you have to make sure the desktop version is running. That part always trips me up - cause it shows in My Documents, but until I actually start it on the desktop side, the iPad won't "see" it.

IOW, what are the steps you are taking to see if the two are talking to each other?

Marilyn

P.S. And, I also moved this post over to the Help section - maybe you'll get more eyes on it...

Last edited:
OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey
tapping the + brings up a passcode number, but there is no place to plug in this number. Starting the desktop sequence provides no help there either as it says it does not see any device. I successfully copied over two thousand pdf files today using iAnnotate's transfer program using my wi-fi signal. So I know that the device and the desktop can/will talk with one another under the right circumstances.

I am so frustrated about this issue. Its not the money paid for the program, but all the time I have lost. The iAnnotate people's support simple sent an email saying they would get back with me in a few days

Jer

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, jerliz, I am now joining you in your frustration! I also can't access my PC now - and I can't establish a connection. So, I can be of no assistance because I'm in the same boat. It's been so long since I tried to have my PC talk to DTG (I usually just get documents on the iPad by using Dropbox...).

Sorry, but I got nothing. :eek:

Marilyn

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the try anyhow. Have heard nothing from "DTG" people either. Not much pride in a product if you can't provide better tech support than that. Are you aware of any other app that will import/export and allow editing of MSW files or Excel?

Jer

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I still use D2Go. I just import the documents, when I need them, from Dropbox. It does the job that I need it to do that way. Never really had to use the desktop access before - I just tried it to see if I could duplicate your problem.

For me, I like the app as it does what I wish.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts