What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you turn off your ipad?

rdharper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or do you always leave it on? Does it matter?
I leave it on, much like my iPhone. Both stay plugged into a charger most of the time. There are various levels of "off". The lowest power draw is what you call off. You can use airplane mode to lower draw significantly when you are not near a charger or prevent connectivity to other devices etc.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to sleep, I turn it off. When I'm not using it during the day, I Leave it in sleep mode. Sometimes it doesn't like to stay turned off when I'm shutting it down while on the charger at night.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or do you always leave it on? Does it matter?

I leave it on. I started out turning it off with the idea of preserving battery life, but the amount it drains in sleep mode is negligible and it lasts a couple of days under normal use, so I no longer bother.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think i've turned my off even once since i got it. It just goes to sleep. I think I get more sleep then my iPad does. :p

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always leave it on as I love the fact that in the morning I can grab it and with a swipe and a touch I can have the market futures right in front of me where ever I am. Not tied to the PC anymore!

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey you ppl must be smoking crack, better turn that shit off, its gonna heat up melt the parts and you will be out an ipad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey you ppl must be smoking crack, better turn that shit off, its gonna heat up melt the parts and you will be out an ipad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrant nonsense. Mine's been in nearly continuous use since I received it 28 May (Canadian release date). It sleeps when I sleep, goes on the charger when the 20% warning pops up, or when I'm asleep if it's below 50%.

Hasn't been warm enough to melt margarine, let alone solid state parts.

Most reactions

Latest posts