What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think console and PC quality games will be the future for iOS gaming?

Do you think console and PC quality games will be the future for iOS gaming

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Here are my thoughts,

As you can see, most console, PC quality games sucks on iOS. Some of course are perfect, some lack things from their PC/Console counterparts, some are horrible. As of now you will see these new controllers for the iPhone that can be used to maximize the gaming experience for PC/Console quality games.

As I can see though, I, definently think that it could be not only the future of ios Gaming but also the future of apple. iOS devices are already starting to out number the amount of sales of consoles like the xBox, and PC gaming platforms like alienware. Devs are starting to get interest in iOS. And Apple is embracing controllers for their devices. Also a lot of great console/PC games are getting ported to iOS. The quality gets better every time a new game gets ported to iOS.

But unless Apple decrease the price of TB iDevices these may not work out for most iDevice users.

BlinkTwice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they will get better but will always be behind simply because of hardware development. In a few years ios games will be at 360 and ps3 levels but pc and consoles will be that much ahead still. Another thing that may hold it back is that controllers for ios and android need a standard set of buttons, layout doesn't matter but number of buttons, sticks, and touch pads like on the Ouya controller need to be standardized.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the serious hardcore games will always be on PCs/Consoles. That still leaves plenty of room for iOS games. I don't see a tablet every having the power of a PC. A passively cooled device just can't hang with what a PC or console can do.

Most reactions

Latest posts