What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you password lock your Ipad

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody password locks their Ipad. The wife likes it without that feature on. To me I told her if someone steals it she is SOL, they will also have access to everything.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't password lock mine - I'm just too lazy to keep typing in my password every time I switch the iPad on. I guess you're probably worried if you have something confidential on it but I don't and, anyway, if you subscribe to the MobileMe 'Find my iPad' service, you can enable remote-wipe and erase all the data.

I am one of those sad guys who's never been robbed, mugged, cheated, defrauded or had anything stolen in his entire life, so I have a generally trusting outlook towards my fellow men and women. Anyway, there's nothing on my iPad that would be remotely interesting to anyone else but a sad person like myself.

When I first moved to this remote area of Scotland (where the houses are far apart) a 'neighbour' told me that, in this area, people never lock their houses when they go out. It's an old tradition. While you are away, he told me, a friend might come calling and, if you're out and the door is locked, how would they let themselves in to make themselves a cup of tea, before starting the journey home? Put like that, it makes perfect sense.

Tim
Scotland

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No locking. Although this would make the iPad more available for me because my wife and kid wouldn't know the key ;)

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lock on mine, but I do have info on it I would not want just anyone to have access to. It takes a half second to type the 4 digit password - a no brainer.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A compromise is have a password protected area where you can keep sensitive information.
The one I use is called Stash, or is it StP now?
Means you can let the kids play on the machine but the important stuff stays safe, because if they can scramble it up they will......

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont use a password.
No need.
I actually wish my wife was more interested in my ipad. Tht would be another excuse to buy more tech gadgets in the house.

Slygrin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I had some unfortunate facebook posts after leaving my iPad on my desk at work unlocked...

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely!

And my MacBook Pro and our iPhones as well. Make at least a little difficult for the thief or casual sneak peeker. I also have iPad and iPhones up to remotely locate them and wipe too if necessary.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Since I use a full Microsoft Exchange server as my email on my iPad, I have to use a full password that I have set to lock after 1 hour (the max.) That's fine, no big deal. Other than some times at work, or overnight, I generally use the thing once an hour.

Besides, I cannot use a full Exchange server without having a lockout.

iPhoneKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes!!! 100% Yes. I never leave my iPad open for too long. I have lots of important and sensitive informtion. Have iPad set at 15 minutes autolock.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts