What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i need to wait til 5pm to purchase at Target?

ipadkicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the apple store is holding their ipad 2 until 5pm...will target, walmart, bestbuy do the same or are they selling right when store opens?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadkicker said:
I know the apple store is holding their ipad 2 until 5pm...will target, walmart, bestbuy do the same or are they selling right when store opens?

Best buy told me 5 when i jus called, Walmart and target act like they dont know anything

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All stores are told by Apple to wait until 5pm. Some may not listen and sell earlier though. They run the risk of Apple being pissed and withholding future stock for a while if they find out though.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spoke with the seemingly knowledgeable electronics department manager at a Tucson Target this morning. He said they will have 'some' available for sale at 5pm Fri and NOT BEFORE. Does that mean Target will sell them at 5pm according to the local time zone?

All attempts to get an informed answer at numerous Tucson Walmarts met with either "don't know" or "we'll sell them as soon as we get any".

'WorstBuy' also said 5pm Fri.

lawhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of their websites say 5pm local time. You might get some real "rebels" selling before 5:00 but no one will sell when they open.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
ipadkicker said:

Best buy told me 5 when i jus called, Walmart and target act like they dont know anything

Its walmart and target........they DONT know anything :)

OP
I

ipadkicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i called a few targets and walmarts...no solid answer.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is these stores are all going to have very limited stock, especially in towns that have Apple stores as I'm sure Apple wants most of their stock in their stores.

So if you have an Apple store, I'd line up there. Or even better just order online unless you actually enjoy the hunt and waiting etc.! :D

If no Apple store close buy, then just take your chance at which ever of these retailers you have--should be a wait until 5pm at all of them unless some decide to break Apples rules as noted above.

OP
I

ipadkicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twitter

that pretty much sums it up...you wait til 5pm to be able to get the ipad2...if you're lucky maybe the employee doesn't get the memo and sell you one early

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadkicker said:
Twitter

that pretty much sums it up...you wait til 5pm to be able to get the ipad2...if you're lucky maybe the employee doesn't get the memo and sell you one early

freebirdforever said:
It is not only for publicity, but because the stores want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. Like I said earlier, Best Buy has set the SKU of the iPad 2 to $10,000 until 5PM to avoid early sales.

As for the person with the store location issue....if you CAN get to a Best Buy, its worth it. IMO, apple care is garbage. It doesn't cover the most basic things, and costs more than the best buy warranty. -shrug- just my two cents as Wal Mart and Target suck at selling electronics.

So yea if they wanna pay 10 g'ssssss winning! Ha

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Bottom line:

If you plan to purchase at a retail store tomorrow, you will be waiting until 5PM. No ifs, ands, or butts about it. If you would like to order online, you can do so via Apple at the designated time. I highly doubt Apple will let the same thing that happened with the iPad launch (read: running out of stock) Happen with iPad 2. I would however, suggest if you plan on buying from ANY retail store, that you call ahead and see how many units they have in stock. Most retail outlets have had their stock since tuesday/wednesday to prepare for tomorrow. Any questions? Good.

FB

Most reactions

Latest posts