What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display out for ipad2??? Help me please.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try getting a diff hdmi cable or use old hdmi cable with another device see if there's something wrong

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean? As in tv? Usually hdmi capable tv should be able to port it, have you check the channels the cord is in?

Born2golf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seeing the same problem. Upon connecting the HDMI adapter, the ipad shows a message stating that this accessory requires 5.1. So I went to cydia and found displayout, which has a comment that states since march 2012, any new official apple HDMI adapters require this IOS. That is total bull***.

Does anyone know if displayout will allow me to bypss this 5.1 requirement?

OP
T

tatorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad won't even update! So I don't know that will work or not?

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like Apple changed their HDMI adapter. It may be that a 3rd party adapter would still work, but I haven't tried it so don't bank on it. The adapter has always been a bit flaky. Hard to keep connection continuously. It may be a good thing. You may just have to decide to upgrade and decide whether it's worth while to do that now versus losing your jailbreak. 5.x IOS has built in mirroring of the display on ipad2, so you may be able to get by without JB if that's all you need it for.

Most reactions

Latest posts